- Reception Numbers
- Standing Reception: 750 | Seated Dinner: 500
- City Historical
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Power House was built in 1905 as one of Sears, Roebuck and Co.’s four main buildings designed by George C. Nimmons. It powered the Sears complex until the company’s move to the Sears Tower in downtown Chicago.
What began as a simple quest to determine the best use for an empty building, turned into a grand plan for reclaiming a treasured piece of Chicago’s history by offering brighter futures to the community’s youth.
The Charles H. Shaw Technology and Learning Center is home to DRW College Prep. A $40 million restoration and historic preservation effort resulted in a LEED Platinum certified historic structure that now operates as a modern public charter high school.